Mountaineer fans have debated the greatest athletes in the history of WVU football for generations. Now, it’s time to take that debate to a new level, but we need the help of Mountaineer fans to do it.
Over the next two weeks, fans will have a chance to select the players featured in the All-Mountaineer Team, a comprehensive lineup of the greatest WVU football players and head coach in program history.
Each day, we’ll reveal the nominees for each position on Facebook and Twitter. Then, fans can vote for their favorite player via daily polls here on our website. The athlete receiving the most votes in each poll will be featured in the All-Mountaineer Team, which will be revealed July 6.
In some cases, the top two or three vote-getters at a position will make the All-Mountaineer Team — and if your favorite player doesn’t quite make the cut, you may have a second chance to vote for that athlete later on.
Don’t just vote in these daily polls by yourself — bring a friend! We also need you to share these daily polls with other Mountaineer fans so they can make their voice heard and help us create the most comprehensive roster of Mountaineer greats.
Follow West Virginia Illustrated on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram so you can be part of the All-Mountaineer Team conversation, and receiving the latest news regarding the prospects of the 2020 college football season.
Watch for your chance to vote for your favorite Mountaineers at every position on these dates:
- June 23: Running back (click to vote!)
- June 24: Wide receiver (top 2 vote-getters)
- June 25: Defensive line (top 3 vote-getters)
- June 26: Linebacker (top 3 vote-getters)
- June 27: Tight end/Fullback
- June 28: Offensive Line
- June 29: Quarterback
- June 30: Defensive back (top 2 vote-getters)
- July 1: Safety (top 2 vote-getters)
- July 2: Offensive Flex (based on high vote-getters)
- July 3: Defensive Flex (based on high vote-getters)
- July 4: Kicker/punter
- July 5: Head Coach
- July 6: Full reveal of the All-Mountaineer Team