WASHINGTON, D.C. (WDVM) – NCAA Division III championships in the fall semester have been cancelled. The Presidents Council for Division III made the decision Wednesday to cancel all championships due to the COVID-19 pandemic and related administrative and financial challenges.
The NCAA Board of Governors announced each division will make its own decision on fall sport championships. It also agreed to require all members institutions to apply the resocialization principles listed by the organization to fall sports and set a 50% sponsorship threshold for a fall sport championship to be conducted.
No decision has been made yet regarding Division I athletics. You can find more information on the Board of Governor’s announcement here.
MORE FROM WDVM SPORTS
- Brown: Mountaineers “didn’t pass test” in loss to Cowboys
- Wawrinka routs Murray in Slam champ matchup at French Open
- Offensive linemen Gmiter, Brown share unique bond
- AP Top 25: Big Ten and Pac-12 return to most unusual poll
- Plucky Stars, leading Lightning confident going into Game 6