HAGERSTOWN, Md. (WDVM) – In the nineteenth edition of “HOOPS in the DVM”, a WDVM podcast series hosted by Allif Karim; we get to know Kevin Naylor, former Head Boy’s Basketball Coach at South Hagerstown High, and father to Nate Naylor, Head Girl’s Basketball Coach at St. James Saints.
In this episode, we learn more about Kevin, and Nate’s relationship, and how Kevin’s past shaped his coaching tree.
On this episode we cover a list of topics, including:
- How he got his start with coaching
- How the relationship with his son transformed, as his son grew as a player
- His time with South Hagerstown High
- His new role as a grandfather, helping his son, Nate, with fatherhood
- Pros/cons of coaches in Western Maryland
- His favorite memories as a coach
- Advice for young coaches in the future
- And a few quick hitters