HAGERSTOWN, Md. (WDVM) — Elmer Wachter owns Mason Dixon Dragway in Hagerstown, and has seen first hand the impact the novel coronavirus has had on local sports and businesses.
NASCAR resumed last weekend with no fans and with strict operation protocols that were approved by government officials. Local tracks in Maryland have not yet received approval.
In a Zoom interview with WDVM sports reporter, Grace Grill, Wachter details the state of local racing and what they are doing to try and get local tracks back up and running.
MORE NEWS FROM WDVM
- A CDC report suggest young adults may be impacted more by the pandemic
- LCPS apologizes to Black community
- 58% of Americans plan to stop using cash after the pandemic
- TSA installs acrylic shields at Dulles and Reagan to protect employees and travelers
- A study shows Maryland is the fifth Happiest State