HAGERSTOWN, Md. (WDVM) — Elmer Wachter owns Mason Dixon Dragway in Hagerstown, and has seen first hand the impact the novel coronavirus has had on local sports and businesses.
NASCAR resumed last weekend with no fans and with strict operation protocols that were approved by government officials. Local tracks in Maryland have not yet received approval.
In a Zoom interview with WDVM sports reporter, Grace Grill, Wachter details the state of local racing and what they are doing to try and get local tracks back up and running.
MORE NEWS FROM WDVM
- Winchester community comes together, joining nationwide protests in support of George Floyd
- Dem lawmakers ‘horrified’ over Trump’s Bible photo op
- Penn State’s Freiermuth modeling game off of NFL stars
- Democratic candidates running for Maryland’s Sixth Congressional District Race reflect on campaign
- US Senators to schedule an emergency hearing on police reform