(WDVM) — Derrius Guice of the Washington NFL team turned himself in to the Loudoun County Sheriff’s Office on Friday evening.
According to The Washington Post, Guice was arrested on domestic violence charges. Guice faces charges that include one count of strangulation, a felony, according to a spokesman for the Loudoun County Sheriff’s Office. The other charges are three counts of assault and battery as well as one count of destruction of property.
The Washington NFL team released the following statement Friday regarding the incident:
“On Thursday we learned of a potential domestic violence related incident involving RB Derrius Guice. We immediately alerted the National Football League and have continued to work with them during this process. We then met with Derrius to inform him that he was excused from all team activity pending a review of this matter. This afternoon we learned that there were multiple charges filed against Derrius. Upon review of the nature of these charges and following internal discussions, we have decided to release Derrius immediately.”
This is a developing story and will be updated.
MORE NEWS ON WDVM
- Dog trapped in 30-foot hole lured to safety with beef jerky
- Montgomery Parks is asking the community for their input on Wheaton Regional Park renovations
- Tracking the Tropics: Beta brings heavy rain, flash floods to Texas
- LIVE: White House press secretary holds briefing
- Two suspects arrested after fleeing police in stolen SUV