CHARLESTON, Wv. (WVNS) — If your driver’s licence has expired since the COVID-19 pandemic began, you have a few more months to renew. The West Virginia Division of Motor Vehicles announced on Monday, Aug. 31, 2020 expiration dates are extended until the end of the year.
According to a release, expiration dates from March 1 and later are extended until Dec. 31, 2020. This includes any driver’s license, instruction permit, graduated license (level 1, 2, or 3) or Commercial Driver’s License (CDL). It also includes West Virginia Identification cards.
Vehicle transactions were not included with the extension. Those still expire on Sept. 30.
West Virginians are encouraged to use the DMV’s online services at dmv.wv.gov to renew online. Local kiosks can also be used. Appointments for changes to driver’s licenses and ID cards or the new issue of a driver’s license of ID card may be made by visiting go.wv.gov/dmvappointment or by calling (304) 558-3938.
MORE NEWS FROM WDVM
- “..To be back, it’s a blessing..” Oakdale Bears focused on making each game count in new spring season
- More sunshine for Friday, but still chilly
- DC’s proposed “splash park” at New Jersey & O Street threatens unhoused people living there
- VIDEO: Meet defensive newcomers ShaDon Brown, Andrew Jackson
- Neal Brown lays out offensive points of emphasis for WVU’s spring football season