CHARLESTON, WV (WOWK) — West Virginia’s former public health director Dr. Cathy Slemp says she has tested positive for COVID-19.
Slemp wrote in an op-ed that she was quarantining in her child’s old bedroom after contracting the virus.
Gov. Jim Justice had forced Slemp out of her role as state health officer in June over what he called inaccuracies in case reporting.
MORE NEWS FROM WDVM
- Three injured in Fairfax County shooting, stabbing
- No. 6 WVU women’s soccer shuts out Sooners
- Suspect arrested for gas station robbery
- DC Council fights for answers regarding DCPS reopening plan
- Community encouraged to dispose of old medications for National Drug Take Back Day