BERKELEY COUNTY, W.Va. (WDVM) — Berkeley County’s Roadside Litter Pickup program reached a new milestone in the amount of trash collected from the area.
Participants of the roadside litter program have collected 5,000 bags of trash since the program’s creation in 2018. The program was created in conjunction with the county’s correctional system to allow individuals in the system to do community service hours through the program.
County officials also want to remind the public that littering is illegal and damages the environment and community.
MORE NEWS ON WDVM
- Food banks fear Congressional inaction could increase demand as donations are down
- Group to document alleged abuse of migrants by law enforcement
- 27 veterans die in COVID-19 outbreak at Illinois VA home
- Manassas candy apple shop owner serves free Thanksgiving meals for those in need
- Cooking safety tips to prevent kitchen fires this Thanksgiving