BERKELEY COUNTY, W.Va. (WDVM) — Berkeley County’s Roadside Litter Pickup program reached a new milestone in the amount of trash collected from the area.
Participants of the roadside litter program have collected 5,000 bags of trash since the program’s creation in 2018. The program was created in conjunction with the county’s correctional system to allow individuals in the system to do community service hours through the program.
County officials also want to remind the public that littering is illegal and damages the environment and community.
MORE NEWS ON WDVM
- Showers and storms avoid most of the I-270 corridor for Thursday
- Rain chances the next couple of days before major weekend heat
- Cloudy Thursday ahead, rainfall expected mostly west of I-81
- ‘Magic School Bus’ author Joanna Cole dies at age 75
- Richmond police overtime costs exceed $1.5 million during protest response