JEFFERSON COUNTY, W Va. (WDVM) — A new playground has opened at James Hite Park in Jefferson County.
The playground is inclusive for all county residents. It includes tandem swings, ADA accessible pieces, musical elements, and more. Jefferson County Parks and Recreation says the playground took less than a week to build. The playground was able to be constructed thanks to a grant from the National Park Service Land and Water Conservation, as well as funds from the Levitt Foundation, Charles Town Kiwanis, and Joanna S. Luciano Parker, DDS, PLLC.
“Adding the playground to the park is I think going to be a huge benefit to the community,” Jennifer Myers Director of Jefferson County Parks and Recreation.
The playground was built by a company called GameTime.
- Mountaineers meet Akron in spring exhibition
- As restaurants reopen, Ohioans petition DeWine to give workers COVID vaccine
- Earlier start to hurricane season? NOAA debates starting future Atlantic seasons in May
- South Carolina teacher receives award after helping student call 911 over unresponsive mom
- Republicans pressure Gov. Northam to make bill requiring in-person learning effective immediately