JEFFERSON COUNTY, W.Va. (WDVM) — Jefferson County Schools will be extending their Child Nutrition Program through the summer to continue supporting students and their families.
The five-day meal kits will be available for pick-up, 11-to-noon on Tuesdays from June 2 through August 4. Pickup locations will be at Blue Ridge Elementary School, North Jefferson Elementary School, Wright Denny Intermediate School, and Washington High School.
Jefferson County Schools has provided more than 110,000 meals since the COVID-19 pandemic forced the closure of school buildings and facilities.
MORE NEWS ON WDVM
- Bruno the Bear makes it to Missouri on interstate trek
- Scottys Bus Lane: Frederick road renamed in honor of local business owner
- Texas man killed after being shot and run over by car; juvenile girl charged with murder
- Non-profit holds panel event to tell the story “Behind the Sign”
- Police investigating 2 separate crashes in same area