CHARLESTON, WV (AP) — A fourth lawsuit has been filed in the deaths of patients over wrongful insulin injections at a West Virginia veterans hospital.
A federal lawsuit was filed Wednesday in the January 2018 death of Army veteran Robert Lee Kozul Sr. at the Louis A. Johnson VA Medical Center in Clarksburg. The lawsuit is the latest to allege a widespread system of failures at the hospital.
The suit says many more unexplained deaths occurred at the hospital by the time the hospital’s medical director alerted the Department of Veterans Affairs.
Ex-hospital nursing assistant Reta Mays pleaded guilty last week to intentionally killing seven patients with insulin injections.
MORE NEWS ON WDVM
- Penn State Football’s 2020 fall schedule released
- Biden reacts to death of Justice Ginsburg, rejects quick vote on her successor
- Justice Ginsburg’s ‘fervent’ last wish was to ‘not be replaced until a new president is installed,’ report says
- Politicians, dignitaries react to the death of Justice Ginsburg
- Can a Supreme Court vacancy be filled during election year?