SHEPHERDSTOWN, W.Va. (WDVM) — Two people died and two others were injured in a two-vehicle collision on Martinsburg Pike (Rt. 45) at Berridge Drive on Tuesday, shortly before 4 p.m.
In a press release sent late Tuesday night, West Virginia State Police said 29-year-old Sharonda McDowell was driving westbound on Martinsburg Pike when she crossed the center line and struck another vehicle driving eastbound. The other car was driven by 38-year-old Kristopher Cline of Shepherdstown. Both drivers died, police said.
The Shepherdstown Volunteer Fire Department initially told WDVM on the scene that one person was pronounced dead and that the three other people were taken to the Berkeley County Medical Center. Police updated this information around 10:30 p.m., now saying two people are being treated for injuries and two people died.
Responding agencies included West Virginia State Police, the Jefferson County Sheriff’s Office, Jefferson and Berkeley County Fire Departments and Emergency Medical Personnel, according to a press release.
MORE NEWS ON WDVM
- Kelly Preston, actress and wife of John Travolta, dies at 57
- MCPS releases draft for Fall semester
- Fauquier Deputy charged with fabricating roadside attack
- Loudoun Sheriff doesn’t agree with efforts to create countywide police department
- Shooting in Falls Church leaves one person seriously injured