WASHINGTON (WDVM) — A crowd gathered at Black Lives Matter Plaza on Election Day 2020 and grew throughout the night.
The Shutdown D.C. group put together the event that brought everyone together for a Celebrate Democracy party and watch party for Election Results.
At the start of the afternoon, there was music and dancing, and as the night went on, some in the group turned violent and marching ensued through early morning hours.
D.C. Police arrested at least two people during the demonstration.
ShutDown D.C. said on social media that they plan to reconvene at 11 a.m. Wednesday.
- D.C. Police searching for suspect in seven armed robberies
- Botched Brazilian butt lift death: Mother and daughter arrested, police fear more victims
- Newsfeed Now: Search for Brian Laundrie continues in Gabby Petito case; Federal government shutdown possible as debt rises
- Five people shot including a teenager, D.C. Police looking for suspect
- Son Surprises Mom After Seven Years Away