WASHINGTON (WDVM) — A man was arrested for threatening to set himself on fire outside the Supreme Court Tuesday afternoon.
The Supreme Court Public Information Office says a man poured liquid on himself, threatening to set himself on fire in front of the Supreme Court building. 1st Street between Constitution Avenue and Independence Avenue, as well as 2nd Street NE at East Capitol Street were closed from 1:10 p.m. until about 2:30 p.m.
The Supreme Court says its police officers initially responded. Capitol Police and DC Fire and EMS were called in for back up. The man was arrested and the incident is still under investigation. He has not been identified.
MORE NEWS FROM WDVM
- Washington Patriots look to bounce back in week four against Hedgesville
- “Trust the process”: Hedgesville looks to bring home first win since 2018 against Washington
- President Trump expected to announce Supreme Court Justice pick Saturday
- Montgomery County Fire and Rescue Services shares fire safety tips to the fall and winter seasons
- Montgomery Chamber of Commerce hosts 46th Public Safety Awards