WASHINGTON (WDVM) — A baby boy died after being shot in Southeast D.C., according to the Metropolitan Police Department. The shooting happened in the 5700 Block of Southern Avenue just after 9:30 p.m. on Wednesday.
According to Police Chief Peter Newsham, a black car was struck at least 10 times. Chief Newsham said the child, under the age of two, was in the car, as well as an adult male and another child, who were not injured in the shooting.
The baby was transported to a local area hospital where he later died.
MPD is now looking for a dark grey SUV with dark tinted windows. The Chief is asking anyone who lives in the area to check cameras for any video that may be of assistance, and is asking anyone who has any information to contact the department at 202-727-9099.
At this time, there are no other injuries reported.
This is a developing story and will be updated.
- The ‘Wolf Moon’ will rise in the sky this week – here’s how you can best view it
- Penn State has a timeline in mind for basketball coach search
- Up and coming pharmaceutical company chooses Montgomery County for its headquarters
- 18 Montgomery County students named Posse Scholars
- Here are the early Super Bowl prop bets