WASHINGTON (WDVM) — A baby boy died after being shot in Southeast D.C., according to the Metropolitan Police Department. The shooting happened in the 5700 Block of Southern Avenue just after 9:30 p.m. on Wednesday.
According to Police Chief Peter Newsham, a black car was struck at least 10 times. Chief Newsham said the child, under the age of two, was in the car, as well as an adult male and another child, who were not injured in the shooting.
The baby was transported to a local area hospital where he later died.
MPD is now looking for a dark grey SUV with dark tinted windows. The Chief is asking anyone who lives in the area to check cameras for any video that may be of assistance, and is asking anyone who has any information to contact the department at 202-727-9099.
At this time, there are no other injuries reported.
This is a developing story and will be updated.
- Montgomery County Council introduces bill regarding property tax credit for first responders
- “I’m still learning”: Taylor Heinicke speaks to media ahead of road matchup vs. Green Bay
- Detectives investigate fraud in Wheaton area
- MCPS announces national search for a new superintendent of schools
- Gabby Petito case: Remains found during Brian Laundrie search were ‘bones’