WASHINGTON (WDVM) — Leaders in Washington DC provided an update to the 11-year-old boy that was shot and killed over the weekend.
Officers with the Metropolitan Police Department (MPD) responded to the 1400 block of Cedar Street South East for the reported shooting. 11-year-old Davon McNeal was later pronounced dead at a local hospital.
McNeal was standing outside after he just finished a family cookout.
“We are all heartbroken and saddened and outraged,” said DC Mayor, Muriel Bowser. “All of us are praying for Davon’s mother and his entire family.”
A $25,000 reward is being offered for information that leads to an arrest.
Over the weekend, DC saw a temporary increase in the spread of the coronavirus in late June, data released Monday.
MORE NEWS ON WDVM
- I-270 ramp meter testing begins
- Maryland Commerce Secretary speaks to Washington County business leaders on economic outlook
- Council votes to ban sale of flavored tobacco products including menthol cigarettes, exempts hookah bars
- Water rescue officials talk water safety after two drownings this season
- WVU football lands another class of 2022 commitment