FAIRFAX, Va. (AP) — Authorities say a worker killed at a construction site in Virginia was a 30-year-old Maryland man.
The Fairfax County Police Department says Jonathan Spencer Canales was killed Friday afternoon when he and another man were working in a 6-foot-deep plumbing trench at a home and a trench wall collapsed.
The Washington Post reports that the other worker, whose name wasn’t immediately released, was taken to the hospital with non-life-threatening injuries. A preliminary police investigation and a review of evidence by the federal Occupational Safety and Health Administration determined that the wall collapsed while workers were trying to shore up another part of the trench.
- Amtrak halting Virginia routes ahead of Inauguration Day
- Biden inauguration rehearsal evacuated after fire in homeless camp
- LIVE: DC parade celebrates iconic civil rights leader Martin Luther King Jr.
- Big 12 announces rescheduled games for WVU men’s basketball
- WVU makes history in D1Baseball.com preseason ranking