MANASSAS, Va. (WDVM) — A Woodbridge man died from a Sunday morning crash on Davis Ford Rd.
Prince William County police said 29-year-old Dementrius Lamar Whitehead was trying to make a right turn from northbound Davis Ford Rd onto Yates Ford Rd when he struck a tree off of the roadway around 5 a.m. Whitehead was taken to the hospital, where he died of his injuries.
Police said speed is believed to be a factor as they continue to investigate the crash.
MORE NEWS ON WDVM
- Berkeley County high school student finalist for college scholarship
- After Supreme Court ruling, what’s next for DACA?
- UPDATE: Spotsylvania County Sheriff’s Office identify victims in Fourth of July shooting
- Frederick County TransIT returns to full service
- Fight continues to save old African American cemetery in Bethesda