MANASSAS, Va. (WDVM) — A Woodbridge man died from a Sunday morning crash on Davis Ford Rd.
Prince William County police said 29-year-old Dementrius Lamar Whitehead was trying to make a right turn from northbound Davis Ford Rd onto Yates Ford Rd when he struck a tree off of the roadway around 5 a.m. Whitehead was taken to the hospital, where he died of his injuries.
Police said speed is believed to be a factor as they continue to investigate the crash.
MORE NEWS ON WDVM
- Washington Football Training Camp: Energy level increasing as players practice in full pads for first time
- Long’s TBT coaching experience shows how bright his future is in the profession
- Shepherdstown’s Blue Moon Cafe rebounding from pandemic business downturn
- Olympic gold medalist says swim races ‘not clean’
- Walter E. Washington Convention Center is open, with two local shops inside