WINCHESTER, Va. (WDVM)–The Winchester-Frederick County Veterans Council held a Veterans Day ceremony at American Legion Post 21, the honorary day was celebrated differently this year due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
To appropriately social distance, the council streamed the ceremony on Facebook and had a limited crowd in order to follow COVID-19 safety precautions.
“Security just doesn’t happen. It demands effort, sacrifice…”, said retired Army Major Jerry Headley.
Participants listened to Key Note Speaker, Major Jerry Headley, and were recognized and thanked for their service.
- Hakim Hart drops 33 points in first career start, Terps down St. Peters 90-57
- The weather this weekend can be summed up as windy and cool
- Frederick nonprofit leader announces plans to step down
- “We certainly are excited”: VHSL Executive Director ready to kickoff high school winter sports Dec. 7
- A soaker for some in Northern Virginia overnight