WINCHESTER, Va. (WDVM)–Winchester Medical Center held a COVID Cover-up Contest to judge hand-sewn masks created by WMC staff members.
Some of the contest categories included funniest, flashiest, and even a Winchester-inspired forever apple blossom category. Some of the mask judges included the President of Winchester Medical Center and the Mayor of Winchester. The contest served as a fun way to talk about a serious topic, the importance of wearing masks and how they can help protect people against the coronavirus.
Starting Friday, it will be mandatory to wear a face mask in Virginia per Governor Northam’s order.
MORE NEWS ON WDVM
- Fauquier County deputy attacked, left unconscious on side of road
- Reston resident shoots, kills armed intruder
- Thousands petition FCPS for “Anti-Racist” curriculum
- Rockville nursing home fined by Department of Health
- Lawmakers work to extend unemployment benefits set to expire in July