CHANTILLY, Va. (WDVM) — As rail safety week continues, United States Senators, Mark Warner, and Tim Kaine have announced $13.6 million in federal funding for rail infrastructure.
The federal funding is from the U.S Department of Transportation to install over 70 miles of rail and other infrastructure upgrades for the Buckingham Branch Railroad North Mountain subdivision line.
Warner and Kaine said, “We’re pleased to announce these federal funds to make much-needed improvements on the rails and bridges that will improve efficiency and reliability for this rail system. These improvements will also help local industries transport their freight and bolster economic development.”
- Three injured in Fairfax County shooting, stabbing
- No. 6 WVU women’s soccer shuts out Sooners
- Suspect arrested for gas station robbery
- DC Council fights for answers regarding DCPS reopening plan
- Community encouraged to dispose of old medications for National Drug Take Back Day