ORANGE COUNTY, Va. (WRIC) — A 24-year-old Virginia man has been arrested and charged after allegedly making threats on social media to burn homes, cars and killing protestors.
Authorities in Orange County “received multiple reports from concerned citizens” about a post on social media by Michael Hanson, according to the Orange County Sheriff’s Office. Hanson, who is from Locust Grove, Va., claimed that he wanted to burn houses, cars and kill protestors in the post, authorities said.
Hanson has been charged with threatening to burn or bomb and “knowingly communicate a threat to kill or do bodily injury with intent to commit an act of terrorism.” He is be held with no bond and has a hearing on Friday.
- MCPS releases draft for Fall semester
- Fauquier Deputy charged with fabricating roadside attack
- Loudoun Sheriff doesn’t agree with efforts to create countywide police department
- Shooting in Falls Church leaves one person seriously injured
- Cleaning company is offering a free clean service to parents