ROANOKE, Va. (WFXR) — Gov. Ralph Northam (D-Va.) announced his endorsement of Roanoke’s incumbent mayor and three other city council candidates on Sunday night.
Mayor Sherman Lea, Robert Jeffrey, Peter Volosin, and Councilwoman Patricia White-Boyd are Democratic candidates for November’s election.
“Now more than ever, we need leaders focused on policy that allows every person and community to thrive,” Northam said in a statement. “This year’s Democratic ticket for Roanoke Mayor and City Council is a team united to lead and support the valley through these changing times, and I hope you’ll join me in supporting them on November 3rd.”
- Protests emerge outside D.C. police station after MPD pursuit turns fatal
- Los Angeles Dodgers win the World Series
- The Salvation Army is now seeking holiday volunteers
- Experts say many Americans are delaying doctors visits during the pandemic
- Smithsburg volleyball win tightly contested battle over Clear Spring