VIRGINIA (WDVM) — Calling all seventh graders in the Northern Shenandoah Valley! It’s time to get vaccinated for school.
The Virginia Department of Health’s Lord Fairfax Health District held a walk-up vaccination clinic, providing TDAP, HPV, and Meningococcal shots for students. According to Virginia state law, the immunizations are mandatory, even for students who may be attending school virtually.
“These immunizations are important for the prevention of diseases they can be devastating if they occur,” said Dr. Colin Greene, Director of the Lord Fairfax Health District.
There will be other vaccination clinics in the coming weeks in Woodstock and Luray.
- China hits Trump officials with sanctions on their way out
- Super Host? Bucs can become 1st to play Super Bowl at home
- Montgomery Co. wants more vaccine doses before moving on to next phase
- Teacher on leave after video circulates defending mob march
- Poet Amanda Gorman earns instant praise for stirring inaugural poem, ‘The Hill We Climb’