VIRGINIA (WDVM) — Calling all seventh graders in the Northern Shenandoah Valley! It’s time to get vaccinated for school.
The Virginia Department of Health’s Lord Fairfax Health District held a walk-up vaccination clinic, providing TDAP, HPV, and Meningococcal shots for students. According to Virginia state law, the immunizations are mandatory, even for students who may be attending school virtually.
“These immunizations are important for the prevention of diseases they can be devastating if they occur,” said Dr. Colin Greene, Director of the Lord Fairfax Health District.
There will be other vaccination clinics in the coming weeks in Woodstock and Luray.
- Maryland football in final stretch before Spring Game
- Madison field hockey advance to state finals, defeat Woodson 2-0
- Crowd gathers at Black Lives Matter Plaza after Chauvin verdict is announced
- Woman dead, another injured in Capitol Heights shooting
- Boonsboro girl’s lacrosse beat North Hagerstown by double digits