VIRGINIA (WDVM) — The Virginia Department of Corrections (VADOC) is holding a flu shot campaign to encourage inmates to get vaccinated, despite the COVID-19 pandemic.
In a press release, the VADOC said that inmates who choose to get a flu vaccine will receive a care package with “snacks and goodies.”
The campaign is to prevent multiple cases of both the flu and COVD-19. Staff are also able to obtain a free flu shot.
“This campaign is a priority for us. We join national health experts in encouraging everyone to get their flu shots. This effort is especially important this year, as we battle the combined effects of a traditional flu season and the COVID-19 pandemic.”VADOC Director Harold Clarke
The program runs from October to December.
MORE NEWS FROM WDVM
- Dry days continue for the rest of the week
- Early voters wait patiently to cast ballots in West Virginia
- “He’s been my role model since I was young”: High School baseball player coaches his brother’s little league team
- More warmth for Northern Virginia on Thursday
- “One For Good” is an initiative aimed to create healthy habits