WINCHESTER, Va. (WDVM) — United Way of the Northern Shenandoah Valley has an update to CARES Act funding in the City of Winchester and Frederick County.
So far, United Way has spent $275,000 of the total $700,000 allocated to spend. This helped 124 families with rent and mortgage payments, and 162 households with utilities.
Applications for CARES Act funding close December 31.
More information can be found on United Way’s website.
- Frederick County Teachers Association issues vote of no confidence in FCPS
- Montgomery County Police see an increase in carjackings since pandemic
- Maryland will launch mass COVID-19 vaccinations sites
- Tech entrepreneur Pete Snyder announces bid for Virginia governor
- Pregnant women should not take Moderna vaccine, WHO advises