FAIRFAX, Va. (WDVM) — Interim President Anne Holton says George Mason University is working on coordinating an in-person graduation ceremony for its seniors. Meanwhile, she congratulated the Class of 2020 by a virtual commencement celebration Friday.
Holton also happens to be married to Senator Tim Kaine, who surprised graduates Friday afternoon by making an appearance to say congrats. Another special guest included Stacy Abrams, a Georgian politician who has recently shown an interest in being presidential candidate Joe Biden’s running mate.
MORE NEWS ON WDVM
- WATCH: Gov. Northam gives update to COVID-19 in Virginia
- Manfredonia waives extradition at bond hearing in Washington County
- US coronavirus deaths surpass 100,000 as states continue reopening
- Ep. 18 Weather or Not with Derek and Scott | Pets and COVID-19
- WV Gov. Justice set to give daily COVID-19 briefing at 12 p.m.