FAIRFAX COUNTY, Va. (WDVM) — A registered sex offender has been arrested for accessing local high schooler’s Snapchat accounts and threatening to expose their sensitive photos and videos.
Christopher Martin, a 33-year-old from Lorton, Virginia, allegedly used a fake Snapchat account to send messages to students from South County and West Springfield High Schools.
An investigation conducted by the Fairfax County Police Department found that Martin posed as a Snapchat representative and lured the victims into providing him with their login information.
Martin is currently being held at the Adult Detention Center without bond. Detectives are asking anyone with information or anyone who may have been contacted by username “pviexposed” to contact the Major Crimes Bureau, 703-246-7800.
- WATCH: Coach Brown looks ahead to prime time showdown with Oklahoma
- Building consistency will be key for Maryland football, as they prepare for Indiana
- Alexandria City School Board votes to rename Maury, T.C. Williams
- “We’re looking forward to playing”: Previewing WVU hoops in the Bad Boy Mowers Crossover Classic
- Community Foundation awards $200,000 to Northern Virginia’s childcare providers