VIRGINIA (WDVM) — If you’re feeling lucky, you may have a chance to win $1 million dollars in Virginia’s New Year’s Millionaire Raffle.
Last year, 370,000 tickets sold before the deadline and three winners became millionaires. This year, the Virginia Lottery has increased the amount of tickets available to 500,000 and has also increased the amount of millionaire prize winners to four.
Each ticket costs $20 for the Millionaire Raffle and the prizes also include six $100,000 prizes and 500 $500 prizes.
According to the Virginia Lottery, you have a:
- 1 in 125,000 chance of winning $1 million
- 1 in 83,333 chance of winning $100,000
- 1 in 1,000 chance of winning $500
So far, just under 17,000 tickets have sold with around 483,000 to go. Winners will be announced on January 1 at 2 p.m. For more information, click here.
- Revolutionary Rivalry preview: George Mason, George Washington men’s basketball set to square off on MLK Day
- How a “lucky chain of events” led to Da’Sean Butler coaching in the NBA G-League
- Mount can’t complete comeback in NEC rematch game against Bryant
- Michaela Harrison ties program three-point record in Mount’s 68-52 win over Bryant
- Free throws the difference as WVU falls to No. 13 Texas