HERNDON, Va. (WDVM) — Around 9 p.m. Wednesday night, Herndon resident, Jonathan Szott, was taken to the hospital after a car crash and later died. The crash occurred at the intersection of Centreville Road and McLearen Road.
So far FCPD has determined that Szott was headed northbound on Centreville Road and tried to turn on McLearen Road when he crossed over the center median and crashed head-on into another car.
“Currently detectives from our Crash Reconstruction Unit have been assigned to the case and are working to determine whether speed or alcohol were factors in the crash,” said Sergeant Scott Shafer, Public Information Officer, FCPD Media Relations Bureau.
FCPD does not have any new updates about this crash but asks the public to contact the Crash Reconstruction Unit at 703-280-0543 if they have any information.
- WDVM Sports: WFT & Ravens Talk Week 6
- Locksley says Terps have chosen starting QB but not announcing who yet
- VIDEO: Tony Fields talks relationship with Texas Tech LB and former teammate Schooler
- As Senate weighs COVID-19 relief, AP reports White House tried to control CDC pandemic messaging
- Time running out to reach COVID-19 relief deal before election