A mid-morning fire in Frederick County, Va. displaced a family of six on Monday.
The homeowner, Mike Anderson, was already at work when he got the call that his house was on fire.
Anderson, who is a deputy with the Shenandoah County Sheriff’s Office, says his wife Melissa and their four children were at their home on Winchester Drive making breakfast when the toaster caught fire.
Frederick County Fire and Rescue Battalion Chief Jeff Unger say the blaze is still under investigation, but it was contained to the kitchen and they believe it was due to an electrical issue.
The family was able to escape unharmed, but Unger estimate there to be about $3,000 in damage to the home.
“Units arrived on scene, we did have smoke showing,” Unger said. “Located the fire on the first floor in the kitchen area and quickly extinguished the fire.”
A neighbor says this isn’t the first time the Anderson’s house has caught fire. According to the neighbor, the home actually burned to the ground in 2013.