VIRGINIA (WDVM) — Monday, across the state of Virginia, flags flew at half-staff to honor U.S. Capitol Police Officer, Brian D. Sicknick who died after suffering injuries during the breach of the Capitol last week.
Governor Northam issued the flag order on Sunday in respect and memory of Officer Sicknick.
In a statement, the Governor said, “His death is a tragedy, and those responsible must be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. My prayers and those of the entire Commonwealth go to his family, his loved ones, and his fellow officers who work every day to protect the seat of American democracy from those who would seek to destroy it.”
According to the Governor, Officer Sicknick lived in Fairfax County.
- 43-year-old’s dying words: ‘I never thought that I would be considered nonessential’
- Next COVID-19 vaccine set for approval will be game-changer, says Hawaii lieutenant governor
- $1 billion Mega Millions prize a result of long odds, slow sales
- No. 4 rifle Mountaineers open home season
- Senator Joe Manchin gives U.S. Capitol tour to WV National Guard troops