Family of 5 displaced after outdoor chiminea fire

Virginia

A family of five is displaced after they were forced to jump from their second floor window as their house caught on fire. 

On Sunday morning, units arrived to the home on the 15100 block of Bronze Post Court in Centreville and found the home fully engulfed in flames.

Investigators said an adult and three children escaped by jumping from a second-story window. All occupants were transported to a local hospital with minor injuries. 

“According to the investigation, the fire appeard to start from the outside on a deck where the occupants had been using a chiminiea. They appeard to have left it unattended, came back discovered the fire and attempted to put it out with their garden hose,” Lt. Eddie Price with the Fairfax County Fire & Rescue Department said. 

Officials say the fire caused about $530,000 worth of damage. 

Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

More Maryland
More West Virginia
More I-270
More Virginia
More Pennsylvania

Stay Connected

Events

Don't Miss

More Local News

Trending Stories