FAIRFAX, Va. (WDVM) — Harrity 4 Charity, the giving-back initiative of Harrity LLP, is pledging to match $255,000 of donations received.
Starting Dec 1, the firm will give donations to the American Heart Association, INOVA Children’s Hospital, No More Stolen Childhoods and ZERO – The End of Prostate Cancer.
John Harrity, founding partner of Harrity LLP, says that each charity chosen has personally impacted his staff’s lives. He says that it’s important to remember these charities still need donations, even during a pandemic. Harrity himself suffered from a widowmaker heart attack, and he vowed to not let that experience ‘go to waste.’
“We forget about these other ones that we really need to focus on,” said Harrity. “Childhood sexual abuse hasn’t ended because of this pandemic. Heart attacks have not ended, and that’s our number one killer, and that’s the reason that we have to still be laser-focused on charitable giving, especially this year.”
The campaign will run until Dec. 31st.
- D.C. Police searching for suspect in seven armed robberies
- Botched Brazilian butt lift death: Mother and daughter arrested, police fear more victims
- Newsfeed Now: Search for Brian Laundrie continues in Gabby Petito case; Federal government shutdown possible as debt rises
- Five people shot including a teenager, D.C. Police looking for suspect
- Son Surprises Mom After Seven Years Away