LOUDOUN COUNTY, Va. (WDVM) — UPDATE: LCSO confirmed Sunday, they found the body of the missing woman and identified her as Leilani Funaki, a 38-year-old from Fairfax County.
PREVIOUS:The Loudoun County Sherriff’s Office along with Loudoun Fire and Rescue are searching for a woman who disappeared after paddle boarding alone Thursday night.
LCSO confirmed the woman went paddle boarding around 6:20 p.m. at Beaverdam Reservoir and did not return. She was wearing black pants, a red tank top, and a black jacket the last time she was seen.
Currently, access to the Beaverdam Reservoir is closed to the public. LCSO asks that community members avoid the area while they continue their investigation.
The search for the woman continues.
- Rowing announces 2020-21 team awards
- Montgomery County Sports Recap May 7
- “We haven’t missed a season on anything”: VHSL Executive Director talks success of condensed high school sports season
- Urbana girls lacrosse pick up win over Oakdale with a late push
- Middletown girls lacrosse dominate on the road over Linganore