FAIRFAX COUNTY, Va. (WDVM) — Fairfax County Police say a child died and two adults are hospitalized with serious injuries after a two-vehicle crash on the 5900 block of Richmond Highway near Huntington Avenue this morning.
The child succumbed to their injuries in the hospital, police announced around 8:30 a.m. The age and identities of those involved have not been released.
Sergeant. Greg Bedor, Fairfax County Police Department said,
“Our crash reconstruction team is here piecing together the events of what happened. preliminary they believe that icy roadway may have caused or been a contributing factor. More details will be available later on today, but that’s the initial information we have at this point.”
Police say the northbound lanes of Richmond Highway are now open again.
An investigation is ongoing, and no further information is available at this time.
This is a developing story and will be updated.
- Border love: 12 couples tie the knot at migrant camp in Tijuana
- Scam targets Virginia Department of Health’s ‘Vaccinate Virginia’ campaign
- Brian Laundrie’s remains given to anthropologist, lawyer says
- Halyna Hutchins’ former professor calls Alec Baldwin shooting ‘malfeasance’
- Video shows fearless feline chase coyote away from Oregon home