Ceiling fan fire causes $50,000 in damages

Virginia

There were no reported firefighter or civilian injuries

Herndon, Va. (WDVM) — Investigators with the Fairfax County Fire and Rescue Department have determined a fire in the Town of Herndon was caused by a ceiling fan in an enclosed screen porch.

The fire started in the junction box of the ceiling fan on Tuesday and caused about $50,000 in damages. Two occupants were home at the time of the fire; both safely evacuated before the fire department arrived.

Crews quickly extinguished the fire that extended from the enclosed deck into the attic. There were no reported firefighter or civilian injuries.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Local News Headlines

Events

Don't Miss

More Local News

Trending Stories