ARLINGTON, Va. (WDVM) — Capital Bikeshare has introduced Capital Bikeshare for All, a $5 annual membership program with special options for riders who qualify for state or federal assistance programs.
Capital Bikeshare has reintroduced its electric bikes in Northern Virginia and Bike Arlington’s Director of Operations for Active Transportation Henry Dunbar says the bikes are sanitized. Dunbar says the e-bikes don’t have to be returned to a station, spreading out the service area and virtually replacing a ride on public transportation.
“There’s a lot of concern about riding on buses and transit where they could get crowded during this COVID pandemic time. So we’ve been touring bike share as another safer way to ride and very much limit your exposure,” Dunbar said.
MORE NEWS FROM WDVM
- Spring Valley snaps Martinsburg’s 57 game win streak
- Spring Mills football puts up another 50, beats Jefferson 52-28
- VDOT introduces new initiative to combat littering
- Bike to Work Week Begins Monday
- Frederick County Public Schools Celebrate Arts in Education