GROVETON, Va. (WDVM) — UPDATE: The victim has been identified as 52-year-old William Scott Miller. Fairfax County Police said he was found dead inside his apartment Monday afternoon.
Police are asking anyone with information about what happened to contact detectives at (703) 246-7800, option 2.
Monday, September 28: Fairfax County Police are investigating after a body was found inside an apartment building Monday afternoon.
Police said first responders were called to the 6500 Block of Tower Drive just after noon in Groveton after a person was found inside the apartment. Detectives say the victim had upper body injuries.
“Officers found a man who was decided inside an apartment with trauma to the upper body. This is an active investigation and detectives are continuing to examine evidence and interview witnesses to determine what led to the man’s death,” said Sergeant Greg Bedor for Fairfax County Police Department.
Fairfax County Police said the scene was contained by 4:15 p.m. Fairfax County Police say this is the county’s ninth homicide this year.
MORE NEWS FROM WDVM
- Alexandria Police investigate suspicious package
- Maryland State Police cracking down on vehicle modifications due to noise complaints
- Maryland-based refugee resettlement organization calls on President Biden to raise refugee cap
- City of Hagerstown withholding payment to Washington County after meeting requests are denied
- DCPS proposes renaming Woodrow Wilson HS to August Wilson HS