GROVETON, Va. (WDVM) — UPDATE: The victim has been identified as 52-year-old William Scott Miller. Fairfax County Police said he was found dead inside his apartment Monday afternoon.
Police are asking anyone with information about what happened to contact detectives at (703) 246-7800, option 2.
Monday, September 28: Fairfax County Police are investigating after a body was found inside an apartment building Monday afternoon.
Police said first responders were called to the 6500 Block of Tower Drive just after noon in Groveton after a person was found inside the apartment. Detectives say the victim had upper body injuries.
“Officers found a man who was decided inside an apartment with trauma to the upper body. This is an active investigation and detectives are continuing to examine evidence and interview witnesses to determine what led to the man’s death,” said Sergeant Greg Bedor for Fairfax County Police Department.
Fairfax County Police said the scene was contained by 4:15 p.m. Fairfax County Police say this is the county’s ninth homicide this year.
MORE NEWS FROM WDVM
- Senate votes to advance Barrett; confirmation expected Mon
- Brown: Mountaineers missed tackles, looked tired in loss to TTU
- Pope names 13 new cardinals, includes first Black US prelate
- One COVID-19 death, 194 new cases reported in WV
- Second stimulus checks: Pelosi still hoping to strike deal before election