ASHBURN, Va. (WDVM) — An Ashburn man who stabbed three people earlier this year pleaded guilty.
18-year-old Erick Joya-Morales was charged with three counts of aggravated malicious wounding. On September 10th Joya-Morales pleaded guilty to a single charge of unlawful wounding, according to relations district court officials.
The altercation happened May 8th near Blossom Hill Terrace, when two of the three victims were stabbed. According to defense attorney Tony Parcha, Joya-Morales was viewed as the aggressor against one of the victims but acted in self-defense against the other two.
He has been held without bond at the Loudoun County Detention Center since May.
- Second stimulus checks: Where we stand after Trump’s push for new direct payments
- Local state and national leaders mourn the loss of Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg
- West Virginia State Police seeks identity of drowned man
- After win vs. K-State, Izzo-Brown looks ahead: “It’s so important that we keep developing”
- Penn State Football’s 2020 fall schedule released