ARLINTON, Va. (WDVM) — Army Secretary Ryan McCarthy stated on Twitter Tuesday afternoon that the Arlington National Cemetery will host its annual Wreaths Across America program.
This comes after an uproar from lawmakers and U.S. military veterans after the cemetery announced the cancellation of the event on Monday.
“I have directed Arlington National Cemetery to safely host Wreaths Across America,” McCarthy tweeted. “We appreciate the families and visitors who take time to honor and remember those who are laid to rest at our nation’s most hallowed ground.”
This is a developing story and will be updated.
- Advisory panel decides who will get COVID-19 vaccines first
- COVID-19 hospitalizations in US soar to new daily record
- President Trump vows defense bill veto unless internet liability shield scrapped
- Trump’s weakening of century-old bird preservation act worries South Texas environmentalists
- Winter Preparation: Steps to keep a car ready and safe for harsh conditions