ARLINGTON, Va. (WDVM) — A woman was walking her dog when she was attacked and nearly raped Tuesday night. Arlington police continue to look for the suspect.
Police report the assault happened in the Radnor, Fort Myer Heights neighborhood. The woman noticed she was being followed and started to run, and the suspect chased after her.
Ashley Savage, PIO, Arlington County Police Department said, “The suspect and the victim fell to the ground. The suspect ended up on top of the victim and attempted to remove her pants, telling her not to speak, but the victim yelled out. A witness yelled out to the suspect letting him know that she was going to contact police. At that point, the suspect froze and the victim was able to run away.”
Police continue to investigate the incident and ask anyone with more information to call Detective J. McGrath at 703-228-4244 or call anonymously through the Arlington County Crime Solvers hotline at 1-866-411-8477.
- Newsfeed Now: GSA authorizes start of transition process; New tech for organ donation could save thousands
- Biden to formally introduce national security team as official transition begins
- Dole recalls romaine lettuce in 15 states over E. coli risk, FDA says
- Hagerstown City Hall closes lobby for positive coronavirus test result
- Suspects spend over $3000 at Hagerstown Walmarts using stolen credit cards