ARLINGTON, Va. (WDVM) — Arlington County Police have found and charged a man for sexual battery.
30-year-old Demetrius Spencer-Coates has been charged with abduction with intent to defile and sexual battery. Police say they responded to a report on November 17th that showed Spencer-Coates on surveillance images.
Around 10:30 am police were called to the 4200 block of Wilson Boulevard for a sexual assault. Officials said upon arrival the victim was cleaning a bathroom inside of a business when Spencer-Coates came up to her and asked to use the restroom. When the suspect moved out of the way Spencer-Coates blocked her path and pushed her inside the stall and touched her inappropriately. When the victim yelled for help, Spencer-Coates ran away.
Officials say Spencer-Coates is now being held at the Arlington County Detention Center without bond.
- Multimillion dollar lottery ticket sold at Hagerstown convenience store
- More than 150 National Guard in Washington for inauguration test positive for coronavirus
- Laurel Center receives grant money from Winchester’s EDA
- Plenty of chilled sunshine will be seen Saturday
- Transportation planning board report shows 2020’s transportation and economic downfalls