MANASSAS, Va. (WDVM) — On October 7 at 10:51 pm, officers responded to the Prince William Manassas Adult Detention Center, at 9320 Lee Ave in Manassas to investigate an abduction involving an adult detention center officer.
According to Prince William County officials, while a corrections officer was performing a search of a cell, 61-year-old Shane Langley, an inmate shut the door locking the officer inside. Officials said after a short time, the officer was released without injuries.
Langley was charged and remains incarcerated at the adult detention center.
- Penn State hockey salvages series split with Wisconsin
- Montgomery County Police investigate death
- Hagerstown police investigating a days-old body found in a city residence
- Maryland National Guard assists with COVID-19 vaccinations
- Loudoun County adds Juneteenth, replaces Columbus Day with Indigenous People’s Day on calendar