VIRGINIA (WDVM) — Virginia State Police and the Virginia Missing Children Clearinghouse has cancelled an AMBER Alert for a 17-year-old teenager who was abducted in Stafford County.
Police say Selena Jah’nyrah Fernandez was abducted by Rodney Richards around 10 p.m. Wednesday at a business. Police say Richards had made threats to “shoot up” the business where the abduction occurred.
The AMBER Alert was issued early Thursday morning. It was cancelled around 9:30 a.m. The Stafford County Sheriff’s Office says Fernandez was found and is safe. Richards was taken into custody.
MORE NEWS FROM WDVM
- Biden ordering stopgap relief as talks start on big stimulus plan
- State leaders worried about maintaining adequate COVID-19 vaccine supply
- Blustery and brisk conditions to kick off the weekend
- Temperatures drop and winds stay breezy into Saturday
- Plenty of sunshine in the coming days across Northern Virginia