ALEXANDRIA, Va. (WDVM) — Alexandria Police are investigating after a man was killed in a two-vehicle crash Tuesday afternoon.
Police said the vehicles crashed around 12:30 p.m. in the 900 Block of North Washington Street. 56-year-old Meigs Hodge, from Alexandria, was one of the drivers involved. Hodge was brought to a hospital and later died from his injuries. The other driver involved has not yet been identified.
“One of the vehicles was traveling on Washington Street and struck the median barrier and ultimately into a another vehicle,” said Lieutenant Courtney Ballantine. “The driver of that vehicle, the striking vehicle was identified as Mr. Hodge, who later succumbed to his injuries of the accident.”
Alexandria Police are asking anyone with information or about the crash to call detectives at (571) 289-6794.
MORE NEWS FROM WDVM
- Three injured in Fairfax County shooting, stabbing
- No. 6 WVU women’s soccer shuts out Sooners
- Suspect arrested for gas station robbery
- DC Council fights for answers regarding DCPS reopening plan
- Community encouraged to dispose of old medications for National Drug Take Back Day