ROANOKE, Va. (WFXR) – The Spring Valley Dam near Lake Drive in Roanoke is in danger of failing as heavy rains continue.
That could cause flooding in the immediate area of the dam.
To protect those living nearby, the following areas are being asked to evacuate their homes:
- 3600 block of Cravens Creek Rd., SW, to the 4000 block of Craves Creek Rd., SW
- 4000 block of Lake Dr., SW
- 1400 block of Deyerle Rd., SW
- 4000-4100 block of Brandon Ave., SW
13 homes are affected by this evacuation. Residents are being alerted to evacuate by reverse E-911 calls as well as Roanoke Fire EMS and Roanoke City police are going door to door to evacuate residents and move them to higher ground.
- Metro will sideline 6000-series railcars after disabled train incident
- Maryland men’s basketball prepares for season opener
- Robin Lopez embracing job as role player with Wizards, not embracing mascot G-Wiz
- Frostburg State University rescinds 12 layoffs following budget crisis
- Appalachian deaths related to “diseases of despair” higher than national rate