MANASSAS, Va. (WDVM) — Manassas City Police are investigating a deadly shooting that took place late Thursday night.
Police said the the shooting took place at 10:12 p.m. on Bruton Parish Court. Officers responded to the scene after multiple reports of shots being fired. When they arrived, police said two men were suffering from multiple gunshot wounds. According to officials, both men were transported to a nearby hospital.
Justin lehman, Lieutenant, Manassas City Police said, “One victim unfortunately died as a result of their injuries at a local hospital, the other victim was treated for serious not life threatening injuries and is expected to survive. At this time no arrest have been made and detectives and officers with our department are actively working the investigation to determine what led up to it.”
Officials believe there is no threat to the community, and encourages anyone with information regarding the shooting to contact Manassas City Police Department.
MORE NEWS ON WDVM
- Strong to severe weather is possible Thursday as a powerful front passes through the region
- “..I don’t comment on rumors or anything..” Wizards’ GM Tommy Sheppard on Bradley Beal, and NBA Draft, and more
- New CDC guidelines set off a rush to reimpose mask mandates
- Bon Jovi, Sinatra to have NJ rest areas named for them, but Bruce Springsteen ‘respectfully’ declines
- Man arrested after teen killed, TikTok star wounded during ‘Purge’ screening at California theater