Leaders in Frederick County Public Schools have announced that they are participating in the summer food service program.
The program will provide meals to all eligible children participating in an enrolled summer program.
Officials said the summer meals program is funded by both the U.S. Department of Agriculture and the Maryland State Department of Education, which means no additional costs to tax payers.
Leaders said the only requirement is enrollment in a summer program.
“We do it just about every year, and if they’re in school, we like to make sure that the children are fed nutritious meals. If they’re in school taking some extra enrichment classes, we’re able to help them out with feeding them nutritious meals,” said food specialist, Joann Morris of Frederick County Public Schools.
The program begins in late June and will continue through early August.
Below is a list of the locations and start dates:
- Hillcrest Elementary 6/21-8/11/2016; breakfast 8:30 a.m., lunch noon
- Monocacy Elementary 6/28-7/8/2016; breakfast 8:30 a.m., lunch noon
- Gov. Thomas Johnson High 6/27-8/4/2016; breakfast 8:10 a.m., lunch 11:45 a.m.
- Frederick High 6/27-7/28/2016; breakfast 8:30 a.m., lunch noon
- Monocacy Middle 7/5-8/4/2016; breakfast 8:30 a.m., lunch noon
- West Frederick Middle 7/5-8/4/2016; breakfast 8:30 a.m., lunch noon
- Lincoln Elementary 7/5-8/4/2016; breakfast 8:30 a.m., lunch noon
- ·Burck Street Boys and Girls Club 6/27-8/12/2016; lunch noon, snack 3 p.m.