RANSON, W.Va. (WDVM) — A reaction from Rockwool, the Jefferson County manufacturing venture, to our story Thursday that the company’s West Virginia operations were being investigated on an international level.
Rockwool’s corporate headquarters in Denmark tells us that it has not yet been determined whether there was a “non-observance” of environmental guidelines for “multinational enterprises.” And the company says it is “entirely confident” that it “has executed the [West Virginia] project “respecting all local and international requirements.” Rockwool says it is pleased about the employment and economic development opportunities it will bring to the eastern panhandle.
In a statement, Rockwool says, “we are entirely confident that we have planned and are executing the project respecting all local and international requirements. Factory construction is well underway, and we are pleased to see significant interest in employment and economic development opportunities from the local community.”
- 101-year-old Hawaii man celebrates birthday at his favorite gym
- Small group of protesters gather outside of closed, guarded Texas Capitol on Saturday
- Teen returns home after Christmas Eve heart transplant
- WV capitol devoid of extra visible safety measures leading up to inauguration
- Waves of clouds Sunday with breezy conditions