RANSON, W.Va. (WDVM) — A reaction from Rockwool, the Jefferson County manufacturing venture, to our story Thursday that the company’s West Virginia operations were being investigated on an international level.
Rockwool’s corporate headquarters in Denmark tells us that it has not yet been determined whether there was a “non-observance” of environmental guidelines for “multinational enterprises.” And the company says it is “entirely confident” that it “has executed the [West Virginia] project “respecting all local and international requirements.” Rockwool says it is pleased about the employment and economic development opportunities it will bring to the eastern panhandle.
In a statement, Rockwool says, “we are entirely confident that we have planned and are executing the project respecting all local and international requirements. Factory construction is well underway, and we are pleased to see significant interest in employment and economic development opportunities from the local community.”
- US records second-highest daily total of COVID-19 cases
- Washington Huddle: Jake’s Fantasy Takes Week 7
- West Virginia meets national air quality standards
- Four Frederick organizations receive grants to help with homelessness
- Purple Thursday raises awareness for domestic violence